Dry skin, chapped lips, cracked and rough hair becomes a major concern for a lot of people especially during winters. During the winter season, the moisture level of the air becomes very low which, results in lots of skin and hair problems such as dryness, chapped lips, dandruff and so on. So, therefore to avoid these skin and hair problems you have to take extra care during winters to get soft and glowing skin naturally. So, here are some remedies that you can include in your skincare routine to achieve buttery soft skin.
Skincare Tips To Get Glowing Soft Skin
1. Choose a Gentle Cleanser / Avoid Foam-Based Cleanser – Your skin becomes exceptionally dry during winters so therefore using harsh and foam base cleanser can make your skin flaky and dull.
Thus, you should choose a gel-based cleanser for your skin. It will prevent your skin from dryness and will also impart a healthy glow to your skin.
2. Oil cleansing – Oil cleansing can help you treat your dryness in the most gentle way possible. Oil skincare routine helps your skin to retain the moisture it acts gentle and makes your pores clean while leaving it smooth soft and glowing.
Best Oils for Oil Cleansing =
i ) Coconut Oil
ii ) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
iii ) Almond Oil
iv ) Avocado Oil
v ) Jojoba Oil
vi ) Sesame Oil
How to do it?
Take a few drops of any oil mentioned above. Apply it to your face and massage it for a few minutes in a circular motion. Then wash it with any gentle cleanser using plain water.
Note – For best results do this one at night.
3. Oatmeal Face Pack –
- Take two tablespoons of Oatmeal powder.
- One pinch of turmeric.
- Two teaspoons of cream or milk.
- Half teaspoons of honey.
- Half teaspoons of Olive Oil.
Mix everything together and apply it to cleansed face and neck. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and then wash it thoroughly with regular water or lukewarm water.
4. Vitamin E Capsules – Try including vitamin E in your nighttime skincare regime. You can mix Vitamin C Oil with your regular night cream or any moisturizer of your choice and apply it all over your cleansed face at night.
Vitamin E is rich in antioxidants which help to rejuvenate and repair your skin making it soft and glowing.
5. Saffron Kesar Turmeric Milk / Golden Milk – Turmeric Saffron milk is enriched with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which work like magic on your skin giving it a goddess-like glow.
How to prepare it ?
Take 1 and 1/2 cup milk, bring it to a boil, add turmeric ( wild turmeric preferably ) and a few strains of saffron and a pinch of black pepper. Heat over low to medium flame. Let it boil until it is reduced to a bit and it is ready to serve.
When is the Best Time to have it?
At night before going to bed / Bedtime.
6. Stay Hydrated – It is very important to stay well hydrated during winters to avoid dry dull skin. Drink plenty of water and seasonal fruit juices. Try having plenty of green vegetables and fruits.
7. Do not skip the sunscreen – Applying sunscreen on all exposed skin, especially between 10 am – 4 pm because that is the time when the UV rays are the strongest even during winters.
So, never skip your sunscreen even during winters to protect your skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
8. Yogurt and Honey Face Mask – Mix 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of yogurt with 1 teaspoons honey and a pinch of cinnamon powder. Apply it all over your face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes rinse it with lukewarm water.
Last but not the least, stay happy and positive because your happiness glows on your skin. Happiness helps our body release all the good Harmons such as oxytocin, endorphin and serotonin and when you are happy from inside it shows on the outside. So, don’t stress, flow on yourself and enjoy the winters.